Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A time I Showed Courage



A time I showed courage was when I went to a Flying Fox place for my Birthday with my brother and my friends. I went on the adult Flying Fox. The adult one was 17 feet high so I was terrified. At first you had to climb a ladder to get to the top platform, the ladder was going straight up so half way up I prayed to myself. "Don't look down, don't look down".

A moment later I arrived at the top platform I was really tired after climbing up. I attached myself to the rope so you don't fall off, so it was OK to look down but I still didn't approach myself too much. The people below looked like tiny colorful dots. The first obstacle was only to make you get used to the height. You had to walk on a long green net, it wasn't that fun but it was really shaky so I was afraid to fall.

After that you had to walk on zig-zag planks. The planks were as thick as your foot so when you had to look where you were walking, you were automatically looking down I was sweating so much so that one was terrifying. The last one I will talk about was the Flying fox you had to swing on. You had to push yourself off the platform and glide across the forest. I had butterflies in my stomach but after a while I got used to it. It felt like I was on it for an hour but when I arrived at the platform I had to put my feet on it but when I did, my feet slipped and I went backwards. I was panicking a lot and wondering if I would get stuck in the middle of the wire but I was lucky my 14 year old brother grabbed my arm to pull me back on. That was the scariest out of all of the obstacles.

This was an important time in my life because I learned to conquer my fears like Mafatu conquered his fears by going across the sea when there was a hurricane.

5 comments:

  1. You clearly explained what you were talking about but some of the sentences were hard to understand: " so it was OK to look down but I still didn't approach myself too much." You mean you didn't want to dare yourself to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the way that you actually explained about not looking down but when you were going up the top platform you didn't tell us how long it took you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you said how high it was and how scary it was to look down. I liked how you said "the people below looked like tiny, colorful dots. It would be a little funny and scary if you got suck in the middle though... But it's a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you described your feelings about your experience.Especially on looking down from such a great height and balancing on the green net. I know how it feels, as I had a similar experience when I walked on the canopy walk in Taman Negara. Both of us have had the experience of our lives!..Well done Adrien!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Adrien! I liked how you put so many details on how you felt. I might want to try it sometime! (I am scared to go on it) You really had alot of courage like Mafatu. Good job Adrien!

    ReplyDelete